Competition T’s & C’s
Copyright and permissions
By submitting images to the CCWPA, each entrant confirms and warrants that:
- they are the sole author of each entry and that it is their original work;
- they own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image;
- they have the permission of anyone pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by CCWPA and will indemnify CCWPA against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
By entering the competition, you grant CCWPA and its sponsors and supporters a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit, on any media, the images for any purpose directly connected with the competition. This may include, but is not limited to: inclusion in a book of winning and commended images; display at exhibitions; display on a web browser for judging purposes; on the CCWPA website and on the websites of sponsors and supporters; on social media used by CCWPA, its sponsors and supporters; for use in releases to be distributed to national, regional & specialist press and other media giving information about or promoting the competition.
- Entrants agree that the organisers can sub-license images to the media for reproduction in connection with the competition and exhibition only.
- CCWPA will make every reasonable effort to ensure that name credits are given to any photograph published in any medium.
- Free usage of any photograph will not be permitted by CCWPA, or any of its partners or sponsors outside of the scope of the competition and exhibition.
- Entrants retain the copyright to images submitted.
Finalists agree to take part in post-competition publicity, for example attendance at an awards event or local paper interviews.
- CCWPA reserves the right to remove or refuse any entries from the competition for any reason.
- CCWPA reserves the right to move any image into a different category at any time during the competition or judging
- Entries will be refused or removed if in the sole judgement of the CCWPA they could reasonably be expected to breach or contravene any applicable law or bring the competition, a sponsor, or the photographer into disrepute. Such entries will be deemed as void and any fees paid will not be refunded.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Should the entries in any category fall below the standard required by the competition organisers and the judges, then the organisers reserve the right not to award prizes.
- By accepting the Terms & Conditions of the competition and subsequently submitting your images, you have entered into an agreement with CCWPA.
- Once entered, images cannot be withdrawn unless the organisers are notified of a permissions problem, in which case if the organisers are satisfied that there is evidence sufficient to justify withdrawal the images will be withdrawn but no refund will be payable.
- If you submit/upload fewer images than originally paid for then you will not be entitled to a refund. Credits are not carried over to future competitions and cannot be used after the closing date.
CCWPA bears no responsibility for loss, damage or injury incurred as a result of participation and/or involvement in the competition and awards.
The information given in these Terms & Conditions is correct, but CCWPA reserve the right to change any of it without prior notice. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. Any breach of these Terms by an entrant will void their entry. If a breach has occurred, but is discovered after the award of a prize, then the organisers may require the return of that prize.